Rukmini and Neil’s recent wedding, held at the Raddison Blu in Udaipur was nothing short of a fairytale. The five wedding functions were spread over 3 days in Udaipur and were later in the month, followed by a star studded reception in their home-town of Mumbai.
This big fat Bollywood wedding as it turns out to be, is a treasure chest full of unique and fun ideas, that you can borrow for your upcoming nuptials!
Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Personalized laser lighting- they had personalized laser lighting, projected their customized initials logo, all over the walls at Raddison Blu.
- Themed photo props- Each event had a designated theme to it and the photo booth carried props relevant only to the theme. For example, the theme at the mehendi was Rajasthani ergo, the photo booth boasted of a large variety of colorful turbans native to the state.
- Wedding toasts- At their engagement ceremony; the family and close friends, made toasts and shared their favorite memory of the couple with everyone!
- Raising the bar- The cocktail bar, displayed some of the most theatrical and not to mention delicious shots and drinks, we’ve ever heard of. There was a flaming marshmallow shot; wherein a marshmallow was dunked in Vodka and lit on fire. The other was a Jagermeister and Rose champagne molecular shot!
- A playful haldi ceremony- Unlike the usual haldi ceremonies that are very emotional, this one was rather playful, thanks to the arrangement of games between he girl’s and boy’s side! There were cricket and beer pong matches held between the two teams (needless to say what the losing team’s punishment was).
The kids too weren’t forgotten and had the option of choosing between entertaining themselves with zorbing (in the hotel pool) or showcasing their artistic talents at the coloring table.
- A Flute player and a glass-harp artist at the dinner buffet. Whilst the couple sat for their pheras; their guests were entertained by the musical talents of a soulful flute player and a glass harp artist.
- Spiked chuski- The all time favorite iced treat was given an adult makeover with the addition of rum/ vodka to the syrup.
- Dressed up pets- their pets (Maximus the Labrador and Hugo the Great Dane) were dressed aptly for the occasion with custom made sherwanis.